Data Privacy Statement
We, curasan AG, believe the protection of personal data involves far more than just complying with legislation. We are therefore happy that you are interested in how we handle personal data.
We always process personal data such as a person’s name, address, e-mail address, or phone number in accordance with applicable privacy law.
With this privacy notice, we would like to inform everyone about the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data that we collect, use, and process. Furthermore, we would like to explain to the persons concerned the rights to which they are entitled.
curasan AG has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data processed via this Web site is protected as comprehensively as possible.
Despite the care we take, internet-based data transmission is vulnerable to security flaws and, consequently, absolute protection can never be guaranteed. For this reason, you of course have the option of transmitting your personal data by alternative means, for example, by telephone or post.
- Responsible Person/Responsible Entity
Dr. Dirk Dembski – Chairman of the management Board/CEO
Phone: +49(0) 6027 409 000
Fax: +49(0) 6027 409 0029
Data Protection Officer Contact Details
You can contract our Data Protection Officer by sending a letter or email to the addresses above to the attention of “Data Protection Officer” or “Datenschutzbeauftragter”.
- Overview of processing
The following overview summarizes the types of data processed and the purposes of their processing and refers to the data subjects.
Categories of data subjects:
The following categories of people are affected by the data processing in the context of visiting our website: customers, Interested persons, communication partner, users, business and contractual partners, clients, employees.
Types of data processed:
The following categories of personal data are processed: inventory data, contact details, content data, contract data, usage data, meta and communication data.
Purposes of processing:
With the processing of your personal data, we pursue the processing purposes listed subsequently: provision of contractual services and customer service, contact requests and communication, safety measures, direct marketing, range measurement, office and organizational procedures, remarketing, conversion measurement, click tracking, target group building, management and response to inquiries, feedback, marketing, profiles with user-related information, provision of our online offer and user-friendliness.
- Relevant legal bases
Below you will find an overview over the legal bases of the GDPR, on the basis of which we process your personal data. Please note that, in addition to the provisions of the GDPR, national data protection regulations may apply in your or our country of residence or domicile.
- Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR): The person concerned has given his/her consent to the processing of his/her personal data for a specific purpose or several specific purposes.
- Fulfillment of contract and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR): The processing is necessary for the fulfillment of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, which are required at the request of the data subject take place.
- Legal obligation (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c. GDPR): The processing is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which the person responsible is subject.
- Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. GDPR): Processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of the person responsible or a third party, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which protect personal data require prevail.
- Safety measures
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with the legal requirements, taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs and the type, scope, circumstances and purposes of the processing as well as the different probabilities of occurrence and the extent of the threat to the rights and freedoms of natural persons to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk.
The measures include, in particular, securing the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data by controlling physical and electronic access to the data as well as access, input, disclosure, securing availability and their separation. Furthermore, we have set up procedures that ensure the exercise of data subject rights, the deletion of data and reactions to data threats. Furthermore, we already take the protection of personal data into account when developing or selecting hardware, software and processes in accordance with the principle of data protection, through technology design and through data protection-friendly default settings.
SSL encryption (https): In order to protect your data transmitted via our online offer, we use SSL encryption. You can recognize such encrypted connections by the prefix https:// in the address line of your browser.
- Transmission of personal data
As part of our processing of personal data, it may happen that the data is transmitted to other bodies, companies, legally independent organizational units or persons or that it is disclosed to them. The recipients of this data can include, for example, service providers commissioned with IT tasks or providers of services and content that are integrated into a website. In such a case, we observe the legal requirements and, in particular, conclude appropriate contracts or agreements with the recipients of your data that serve to protect your data.
Data transfers within our group: We may transfer personal data to other companies within our group or allow them access to this data. If this transfer takes place for administrative purposes, the transfer of the data is based on our legitimate entrepreneurial and business interests or takes place if it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations or if the consent of the person concerned or a legal permit is available.
Data processing in third countries: When you visit our website, we will process data in a third country (i.e., outside the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA)) or the processing will take place within the framework of the use of third-party services or the disclosure or transmission of data to other persons, bodies or companies. However, this is only done in accordance with the legal requirements.
Subject to express consent or contractually or legally required transmission, we only process or have the data processed in third countries with a recognized level of data protection, contractual obligation through so-called standard protection clauses of the EU Commission, if there are certifications or binding internal data protection regulations (Art. 44 to 49 GDPR, Information page of the EU Commission: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection_de).
External links to third party websites: There may also be external links to third-party websites. Please note, that we are not responsible for their operation including data handling.
If you click on any of these links, you are sending information to or via such third-party sites, and we recommend that you check the privacy statements of these sites before they send you any information that can be attributed to you personally.
- Deletion of data
The data processed by us will be deleted in accordance with the legal requirements as soon as your consent to processing is revoked or other permissions are no longer applicable (e.g. if the purpose of processing this data no longer applies or it is not required for the purpose).
If the data is not deleted because it is required for other, legally permissible purposes, its processing will be limited to these purposes. This means that the data will be blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data that must be retained for commercial or tax reasons or whose storage is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person. As part of our data protection information, we may provide users with further information on the deletion and storage of data that applies specifically to the respective processing.
Cookies are small files or other memory notes that store information on end devices and read information from the end devices. For example, to save the login status in a user account, the content accessed or the functions used in an online offer. Cookies can also be used for various purposes, e.g., for the purpose of functionality, security and comfort of online offers as well as the creation of analyzes of visitor flows. For further information, please see our Cookie Details.
With regard to the storage period, the following types of cookies are distinguished:
- temporary cookies (also: session or session cookies): Temporary cookies are deleted at the latest after a user has left an online offer and closed his end device (e.g., browser or mobile application).
- permanent cookies: Permanent cookies remain stored even after the end device is closed. For example, the login status can be saved or preferred content can be displayed directly when the user visits a website again. Likewise, the user data collected with the help of cookies can be used to measure range. Unless we provide users with explicit information on the type and storage period of cookies (e.g., when obtaining consent), users should assume that cookies are permanent and the storage period can be up to two years.
General information on revocation and objection (opt-out): Users can revoke the consent they have given at any time and also object to the processing in accordance with the legal requirements in Art. 21 GDPR (further information on the objection is provided in this data protection declaration). Users can also declare their objection using the settings in their browser.
- Provision of the online offer and web hosting
We process data from our contractual and business partners, e.g., customers and interested parties (collectively referred to as “contractual partners”) within the framework of contractual and comparable legal relationships and related measures and within the framework of communication with the contractual partners (or pre-contractual), e.g., respond.
We process this data to fulfill our contractual obligations. This includes in particular the obligations to provide the agreed services, any updating obligations and remedy in the case of warranty and other service disruptions. In addition, we process the data to protect our rights and for the purpose of the administrative tasks associated with these obligations and the corporate organization. In addition, we process the data on the basis of our legitimate interests in proper and economical business management and security measures to protect our contractual partners and our business operations from misuse, endangerment of their data, secrets, information and rights (e.g., to involve telecommunications, transport and other auxiliary services as well as subcontractors, banks, tax and legal advisors, payment service providers or tax authorities). Within the framework of the applicable law, we only pass on the data of contractual partners to third parties to the extent that this is necessary for the aforementioned purposes or to fulfill legal obligations. The contractual partners will be informed about other forms of processing, e.g., for marketing purposes, within the scope of this data protection declaration.
We inform the contractual partners which data is required for the aforementioned purposes before or during the data collection, e.g., in online forms, by means of symbols (e.g., asterisks or similar), or personally.
We delete the data after the expiry of statutory warranty and comparable obligations, i.e., in principle after 3 years, unless the data is stored in a customer account, e.g., as long as it must be kept for legal archiving reasons. We delete data disclosed to us by the contractual partner as part of an order in accordance with the specifications of the order, generally after the end of the order.
Insofar as we use third-party providers or platforms to provide our services, the terms and conditions and data protection notices of the respective third-party providers or platforms apply in the relationship between the users and the providers.
Economic analysis and market research: For business reasons and in order to be able to identify market trends, the wishes of contractual partners and users, we analyze the data we have on business transactions, contracts, inquiries, etc., whereby the group of persons concerned includes contractual partners, interested parties, customers, visitors and users of our online offer can fall.
The analyzes are carried out for the purpose of business evaluations, marketing and market research (e.g., to determine customer groups with different characteristics). If available, we can take into account the profiles of registered users together with their information, e.g., on services used. The analyzes serve us alone and are not disclosed externally, unless they are anonymous analyzes with summarized, i.e., anonymous values. Furthermore, we take the privacy of the users into account and process the data for analysis purposes as pseudonymously as possible and, if feasible, anonymously (e.g., as summarized data).
Provision of the online offer and web hosting: In order to be able to provide our online offer securely and efficiently, we use the services of one or more web hosting providers from whose servers (or servers managed by them) the online offer can be accessed. For these purposes, we may use infrastructure and platform services, computing capacity, storage space and database services, as well as security and technical maintenance services.
The data processed as part of the provision of the hosting offer may include all information relating to the users of our online offer that arises in the course of use and communication. This regularly includes the IP address, which is necessary in order to be able to deliver the content of online offers to browsers, and all entries made within our online offer or on websites.
- Types of data processed: content data (e.g., entries in online forms); Usage data (e.g., websites visited, interest in content, access times); meta/communication data (e.g., device information, IP addresses).
- Affected persons: users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services).
- Purposes of processing: Provision of our online offer and user-friendliness.
- Legal basis: Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR).
Collection of access data and log files: We ourselves (or our web hosting provider) collect data for every access to the server (so-called server log files). The address and name of the retrieved websites and files, date and time of retrieval, amounts of data transferred, notification of successful retrieval, browser type and version, the user’s operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page) and, as a rule, IP Addresses and the requesting provider belong. On the one hand, the server log files can be used for security purposes, e.g., to avoid overloading the server and on the other hand to reduce the load on the server and ensure their stability.
Deletion of data: log file information is stored for a maximum of 90 days and then deleted or made anonymous. Data whose further storage is required for evidence purposes are excluded from deletion until the respective incident has been finally clarified.
- Contact and request management
When contacting us (e.g., via contact form, e-mail, telephone or via social media) as well as in the context of existing user and business relationships, the details of the inquiring persons are processed to the extent necessary to answer the contact inquiries and any requested measures.
The answering of the contact inquiries as well as the management of contact and inquiry data within the framework of contractual or pre-contractual relationships takes place to fulfill our contractual obligations or to answer (pre)contractual inquiries and otherwise on the basis of the legitimate interests in answering the inquiries and maintenance of User or Business Relationships.
- Types of data processed: Inventory data (e.g., names, addresses); Contact information (e.g., email, phone numbers); Content data (e.g., entries in online forms).
- Affected persons: communication partners.
- Purposes of processing: contact requests and communication.
- Legal basis: Fulfillment of contract and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR); Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR).
- Application for a job
When you apply for an advertised position, we will process the following categories of personal data that you provide to us as part of the application process and that we collect and store:
- Types of data processed: Core data (name, first name, date of birth), contact data (address, telephone number, e-mail address), qualification data (CV, certificates, proof of further training), possibly also bank details (for reimbursement of travel expenses – if applicable), other data resulting from the application process (e.g. previous employment, religious affiliation, salary requirements, hobbies, life status, disability status, data that you yourself have provided in the course of the application process or have entered or stored in our systems and media);
- Affected persons: Applicants.
- Purpose of processing: The collection and processing of the data serves the possible establishment of an employment relationship.
- Legal basis: implementation of pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR; § 26 BDSG in Germany)
Your personal data is collected directly from you as part of the application process. In addition, we may have received data from third parties (e.g., job placement agencies).
Disclosure of personal data: Within our company, only those persons and departments that are directly involved in the application process (management, HR department, specialist department) receive your personal data. We may use service providers who are strictly bound by instructions and who support us, for example, in the areas of IT, personnel recruiting or the archiving and destruction of documents, and with whom separate contracts for order processing have been concluded. Data is not passed on to third parties not listed in this information.
Duration of data storage: We store your personal data until storage is no longer necessary or the legitimate interest in storage has expired. If you are not hired, this is usually no later than seven months after completion of the application process.
In individual cases, however, individual data may be stored for longer (e.g., for travel expense accounting). The duration of storage then depends on the statutory retention obligations.
- Cloud services
We use software services accessible via the internet and running on the servers of their providers (so-called “cloud services”, also referred to as “software as a service” or “platform as a service”) for the following purposes: document storage and management, calendar management, email sending, spreadsheets and presentations, exchanging documents, content and information with designated recipients or posting web pages, forms or other content and information, as well as chatting and participating in audio and video conferences.
In this context, personal data can be processed and stored on the servers of the providers, insofar as these are part of communication processes with us or are otherwise processed by us, as set out in this data protection declaration. This data can include, in particular, master data and contact details of users, data on transactions, contracts, other processes and their content. The providers of the cloud services also process usage data and metadata, which they use for security purposes and to optimize the service.
If we use the cloud services to provide forms or other documents and content for other users or publicly accessible websites, the providers can store cookies on the users’ devices for web analysis purposes or to change user settings (e.g., in the case of media control) remember, save.
Notes on legal bases: If we ask for consent to use the cloud services, the legal basis for processing is consent. Furthermore, their use can be part of our (pre)contractual services, provided that the use of the cloud services has been agreed in this context. Otherwise, user data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests (i.e., interest in efficient and secure administration and collaboration processes).
- Types of data processed: Inventory data (e.g., names, addresses); Contact information (e.g., email, phone numbers); Content data (e.g., entries in online forms); Usage data (e.g., websites visited, interest in content, access times); meta/communication data (e.g., device information, IP addresses).
- Affected persons: customers; Employees (e.g., employees, applicants, former employees); Interested persons; communication partner.
- Purposes of processing: office and organizational procedures.
- Legal basis: Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR); Fulfillment of contract and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR); Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR).
Further information on the services used:
Google Cloud Services: cloud infrastructure services and cloud-based application software; Service Provider: Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, parent company: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Microsoft Cloud Services: cloud storage, cloud infrastructure services, and cloud-based application software; Service Provider: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399 USA.
- Web analysis, monitoring and optimization
The web analysis (also referred to as “range measurement”) is used to evaluate the flow of visitors to our online offer and can include behavior, interests or demographic information about the visitors, such as age or gender, as pseudonymous values. With the help of the range analysis, we can, for example, recognize at what time our online offer or its functions or content are used most frequently or invite you to reuse them. We can also understand which areas need optimization.
In addition to web analysis, we can also use test procedures, e.g., to test and optimize different versions of our online offer or its components.
Unless otherwise stated below, profiles, i.e., data summarized for a usage process, can be created for these purposes and information can be stored in a browser or in a terminal device and read out from it. The information collected includes, in particular, websites visited, and elements used there, as well as technical information such as the browser used, the computer system used and information on usage times. If users have given their consent to us or the providers of the services, we use to collect their location data, location data can also be processed. IP addresses of the users are also collected.
- Types of data processed: usage data (e.g., websites visited, interest in content, access times); meta/communication data (e.g., device information, IP addresses).
- Affected persons: users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services).
- Purposes of processing: range measurement (e.g., access statistics, recognition of returning visitors); profiles with user-related information (creating user profiles); click tracking; feedback (e.g., collecting feedback via online form); heatmaps (mouse movements by users, which are combined to form an overall picture); surveys and questionnaires (e.g. surveys with input options, multiple choice questions); marketing.
- Legal basis: Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR); legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 Sp 1 lit. f GDPR).
Further information on processing processes, procedures and services:
- Matomo: web analysis, range measurement and measurement of user flows; Matomo is software that is used for the purposes of web analysis and reach measurement. Within the scope of the use of Matomo, cookies are generated and stored on the end device of the user. The user data collected as part of the use of Matomo is only processed by us and is not shared with third parties. The cookies are stored for a maximum period of 13 months. Legal basis for the processing is the consent of the user (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR). For more details see: https://matomo.org/faq/general/faq_146/
- Presence in social networks (social media)
We maintain online presences within social networks and process user data in this context in order to communicate with the users active there or to offer information about us. We have integrated components of these social networks on this website, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We would like to point out that user data can be processed outside of the European Union. This can result in risks for users, for example because it could make it more difficult to enforce user rights.
Furthermore, user data is usually processed within social networks for market research and advertising purposes. For example, user profiles can be created based on usage behavior and the resulting interests of users. The usage profiles can in turn be used, for example, to place advertisements inside and outside the networks that presumably correspond to the interests of the users. For these purposes, cookies are usually stored on the users’ computers, in which the usage behavior and the interests of the users are stored. Furthermore, data can also be stored in the usage profiles independently of the devices used by the users (especially if the users are members of the respective platforms and are logged in to them).
For a detailed description of the respective forms of processing and the possibility of objection (opt-out), we refer to the data protection declarations and information provided by the operators of the respective networks.
Also, in the case of requests for information and the assertion of data subject rights, we would like to point out that these can be asserted most effectively with the providers. Only the providers have access to the data of the users and can take appropriate measures and provide information directly. If you still need help, you can contact us.
- Types of data processed: contact details (e.g., e-mail, telephone numbers); Content data (e.g., entries in online forms); Usage data (e.g., websites visited, interest in content, access times); Meta/communication data (e.g., device information, IP addresses)
- Affected persons: users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services)
- Purposes of processing: contact requests and communication; Feedback (e.g., collecting feedback via online form); Marketing
- Legal basis: Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR)
Further information on the services used:
- Plugins and embedded functions and content
We integrate functional and content elements into our online offer that are obtained from the servers of their respective providers (hereinafter referred to as “third-party providers”). This can be, for example, graphics, videos or city maps (hereinafter uniformly referred to as “content”).
The integration always presupposes that the third-party providers of this content process the IP address of the user, since without the IP address they could not send the content to their browser. The IP address is therefore required for the display of this content or functions. We endeavor to only use content whose respective providers only use the IP address to deliver the content. Third-party providers can also use so-called pixel tags (invisible graphics, also known as “web beacons”) for statistical or marketing purposes. The “pixel tags” can be used to evaluate information such as visitor traffic on the pages of this website. The pseudonymous information can also be stored in cookies on the user’s device and contain, among other things, technical information about the browser and the operating system, websites to be referred to, the time of the visit and other information on the use of our online offer and can also be linked to such information from other sources.
- Types of data processed: usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times); Meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses); Inventory data (e.g. names, addresses); Contact information (e.g. email, phone numbers); Content data (e.g. entries in online forms); Event data (Facebook) (“Event data” is data that can be transmitted by us to Facebook, e.g. via Facebook pixels (via apps or other means) and relates to people or their actions; Data includes, for example, information about visits to websites, interactions with content, functions, installation of apps, purchases of products, etc. The event data is processed in order to form target groups for content and advertising information (custom audiences); event data do not contain the actual content (such as comments written), no login information and no contact information (i.e., no names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers). Event data will be deleted by Facebook after a maximum of two years formed target groups with the deletion of our Facebook account.
- Affected persons: users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services).
- Purposes of processing: provision of our online offer and user-friendliness; provision of contractual services and customer service; marketing; profiles with user-related information (creating user profiles); feedback (e.g., collecting feedback via online form).
- Legal basis: Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR); Fulfillment of contract and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR); Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. GDPR).
Further information on the services used:
- Rights of data subjects
As a data subject, you have various rights under the GDPR, which result in particular from Art. 15 to 21 GDPR:
- Right of objection: You have the right, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of your personal data, which is based on Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. e or f GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. If the personal data concerning you is processed in order to operate direct advertising, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is associated with such direct advertising.
- Right of withdrawal for consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to information: You have the right to request confirmation as to whether the data in question is being processed and to request information about this data as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with legal requirements.
- Right to rectification: In accordance with legal requirements, you have the right to request the completion of the data concerning you or the correction of incorrect data concerning you.
- Right to deletion and restriction of processing: You have the right, in accordance with the legal requirements, to demand that data concerning you be deleted immediately, or alternatively to request a restriction of the processing of the data in accordance with the legal requirements.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the data that you have provided to us in accordance with the legal requirements in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transmitted to another person responsible.
- Complaint to supervisory authority: In accordance with the legal requirements and without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, in particular a supervisory authority in the member state in which you usually reside, the supervisory authority of your workplace or the place of the alleged infringement to lodge a complaint if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR.
The competent supervisory authority for us is:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (BayLDA)
We kindly ask you to inform yourself regularly about the content of our data protection declaration. We will adapt the data protection declaration as soon as the changes in the data processing we carry out make this necessary. We will inform you as soon as the changes require your participation (e.g., consent) or other individual notification.
If we provide addresses and contact information of companies and organizations in this data protection declaration, please note that the addresses can change over time and ask you to check the information before contacting us.